Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sunshine

It's sunny out today, maybe because it's my birthday! Today I'm not married to an older man anymore, we've caught up in age. For six months out of the year, I enjoy teasing Ivon about being so much older than me, then BAM, that's over with! There is an upside to being 61, I'm that much closer to getting the big bucks from Social Security (that is if there is anything left). One can only hope. I'm wiser now than I was, (but I forget a lot of things). I've earned every grey hair on my head (that I cover with hair dye), the wrinkles on my face are out there for everyone to see, I can't do much about that but embrace them (even if I had the money to do something about them, I don't want to end up like Joan Rivers and have my naval under my chin!) Life is wonderful and I just enjoy my little corner, doing my own thing and being happy!!

9 comments:

  1. Hope you're enjoying your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wrinkles! Happy Birthday Nancy. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Trust me, I don't want you looking like Joan Rivers either. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, if you looked like Joan Rivers and I flicked your cheek, would it ping? Just wondering.

    Happy birthday, and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU MAY AS WELL EMBRACE IT...YOU'VE DONE IT SO GRACEFULLY. LUCKY GAL, YOU LOOK GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sad...i did not know I missed posts! I have you set up so I can see when you post and I missed it! But now I am on....Happy Birthday!
    I am so glad you love to grow older! I am one who is excited for everystage...they all have a bitter sweet!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete